Stick Puzzles

I babysat a lot as a teenager and had a fun bag that the kids enjoyed.  In my bag was videos, puzzles, treats, books and games.  My senior year of high school I was a preschool teacher and more good things were added to my fun bag like file folder games and popsicle stick puzzles.  My little sis was my artist back then and did the cute elmo and worm puzzle. Stick puzzles are a simple and fun craft!

Tape, number/add a symbol, draw/color, untape/stick in labeled baggie
I like big Woodsie craft sticks for these puzzles much better than popsicle sticks. My daughter's the artist of this robot puzzle.  She sometimes 'cheats' when putting the puzzles together by looking at the numbers on the back.  The numbers/symbols are also good to keep track of which sticks belong where if you get more than one puzzle out at a time.

▬ linked to Kiddos Create and Friday's Showcase

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm always looking for cute and easy crafts to do on Wednesdays because I tend mostly older children that day and they get bored with the toys more easily. This will be on my list for next week for sure! Thanks Chels!

Melissa said...

What a fun idea! I have never seen this before. My skills in drawing our min to none, but I think I could trace something fun for my little guy.

artsy_momma said...

Those are so cute- I have never seen this idea before.... I have a HUGE box of Popsicle Sticks, definitely going to try this!!!

Mama to 3 Blessings said...

Aren't these fun? We have done them several times ourselves - my boys love them!

vanessa said...

Great idea. I'll have to remember those.

L2L said...

ohhh what a great idea, I've got to use this for a Cubbie craft!!! thanks!!!!

Mama Jenn said...

I have seen these a few times in the blog world, but still have yet to make some! They look like so much fun and we have tons of craft sticks just waiting to be used! :-)

Thanks for linking up!