Make Peppermint Ornaments
Favorite Spiritual Christmas Songs
Have an ice cube scavenger hunt!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Peppermint Candy Ornaments

Two years ago I saw a segment on Decorating with Peppermint on Studio 5 (a morning show in Utah) and I got excited about the peppermint ornaments.  I made 20+ for my tree and they're my favorite ornaments.  These would make great neighbor gifts and a whole set could be a unique gift for newlyweds!


Arrange 5 to 6 peppermints on a foil lined pan with space in between each candy (start with making 2 or 3 first to see how they turn out)
Bake at 250° for 10-15 minutes-- watch closely 

After all the melting is complete:
*Spray one side with sealer-- allow to dry
Spray the other side with sealer-- allow to dry
Tie a ribbon around each ornament

*Spray in a well-ventilated area with newspaper down and wax paper under the ornaments.

A big bag (over 3 lbs.) of Brach peppermint candies at Walmart is under $5.  I made some green ones with the Great Value brand and they still turned out. I spent around $11.00 to make 30 ornaments (includes mess-ups).  You will have plenty of mess-ups-- sometimes they cracked after cooking and many times just one candy didn't want to melt good and it ruined the whole ornament.  When storing, layer them on wax paper in a small box and keep in a normal/cool temperature area if possible.

4 comments:

beth said...

Super cute idea!

vanessa said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it.

TomandSteph said...

Very cute!

Happy said...

Very neat idea. I'll have to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails