Make Peppermint Ornaments
Favorite Spiritual Christmas Songs
Have an ice cube scavenger hunt!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Make a Spring Bubbles Kit


Playing outside in the spring with bubbles is the best and taking them with you to the park is fun!  What kid doesn't love bubbles?  I made a spring bubbles kit that will travel well and has all the necessities for a great time blowing bubbles!  I REUSED a 21.8 oz. Nesquik container to make the kit (6½" tall) and our bubbles and blower fit perfect.

* supplies: container, Mod Podge, patterned paper, wide ribbon (½" to 1"), 2 brads

* cut your patterned paper- mine were 1½" and 1" strips

* apply Mod Podge in small sections and smooth paper strips down

* when the container is covered apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on top of strips and allow to dry

* cut a 2½" piece of wide cloth ribbon, fold ends under a ½", make a slit with a craft knife, push brad through
* cut a small slit in both sides of container with knife and attach your ribbon strap

in the bubbles kit: the best bubbles (or make good homemade bubbles), bubble blowers, a few small bubbles (less spilling-- find them at party stores or Walmart) for kids and any friends that come around at the park, a baggie of wipes (for the clean-freak momma like me!)
A spring adventure or exploring kit would also be fun (binoculars, magnifying glass, top, mini frisbee, bouncy ball, etc.)!!  An 'outside fun kit' would make a unique kid birthday gift!!

* featured on:
                    Weekend Roundup @ One Pretty Thing
* linked to: 
                    Mod Podge Mania @ This is the Year...
                    Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
                    Creative Cats @ Poppies at Play
                    Spring has Sprung @ It's FUN to Craft 
                    Craft Concoction Friday @ That's So Cuegly! 
                    Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
                    Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design 
                    Making the World Cuter Monday
                    Made by You Monday @ SkipTo My Lou 
                    Earth Day Craft Challenge @ Make and Takes

19 comments:

beth said...

Great idea!!

Jen said...

What a neat idea and a great recycling craft!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!

Mod Podge Amy said...

This is so cute!

jennwa said...

I love that. I may have to make one too. Thanks !

Michelle @ Creative-Outbursts said...

I love special little gifts like this! I followed the link from Show & Tell Blue Cricket Designs.

Andy Porter said...

What a cool idea!! I would love to make these cute little kits!

Thanks for linking!
Andy Poppies at Play

Xazmin said...

I LOVE it! What a fun way to use a Nesquik container! Thanks so much for linking up!

MiMi said...

What an awesome idea!!
I'm always looking for ways to re-use containers now that I know the awesomeness that is Mod Podge. :)
My boys LOVE bubbles...they would LOVE this!

Tanielle said...

This is a super cute idea, I love it!!! Now I need to go buy me some Nesquik..thanks for sharing!

FrouFrouBritches said...

How smart! That is too cute!

Jason and Jill said...

Love this! I would love for you to come link up over at my blog! I've got prizes :)
-Jill
http://womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

How fun!! Thanks for linking up to Someday Crafts for Whatever Goes Wednesday!!

Amber said...

Cute cute idea! I usually buy the liquid nesquick but now I will have to buy the powder so I can make pne of these, my daughter would love it.

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

This is so cute and such a great idea!! What fun!! Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party!

Melissa said...

What a cute idea Chels! I have like a kajillion containers to use up...really a kajillion.

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

Great idea!

Thanks for linking up! Be sure to stop by and join in today's link party!

Lenetta @ Nettacow said...

Super job - love re-using! :>) I linked to this on last weekend's weekly roundup and am just now (yikes!) finally getting around to commenting. Thanks for sharing!

LissaMe said...

this is the neatest idea. I have a couple of these boxes saved that I didnt know what I would do with.. Ive gotta try this..

Mama Lusco said...

Great way to reuse! My kiddos would love this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails