Mad Libs Travel Folder

mad libs travel folder
This idea to make a Mad Libs Travel Folder for fun stories in the car came about because of a cool gift my daughter received for Christmas--  Cranium Silly Stories.
image of a Cranium Silly Story
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A Mad Libs Travel Folder is really simple to make!  Buy a cheap/slim 3 ring binder, dry erase markers, sheet protectors, and print out some free mad libs!!  The dry erase markers I bought (under $3 at Walmart) have an eraser top.  I used Scholastic and Garden of Praise to make a parts of speech cheat sheet for the inside front of the folder. For younger school-age kids, like my 7 year old, this is a fun way to sneak in learning this SUMMER while traveling!

**I like the free printable mad libs from Woo Jr. and Teachnology because the spaces for writing in the words are large. Mad Glibs is another free resource and great for older kids.



2 comments:

Jen said...

Chelsea- This is AWESOME! I love this idea. We are going away this weekend and I am so going to have to make this for the girls for the card ride. One idea would be for them to do the same story and compare how they are different. Plus I love the idea of being able to use the same one over and over-very frugal. I found Madlibs at the dollar store, too (generic brand) that can be used in the binder as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

Your bloggin' buddy-
Jen

ps I hope that you get some sunshine today. Again- another beautiful day in my neck of the woods. Okay- I'm hogging all of your comment space. lol

Anne@LittleSproutBooks said...

I did this with mad-libs in my middle school classroom! I love the idea of including a "cheat-sheet" in the binder for help - so smart!