July 4th Celebration Stick

My kids checked out Corduroy's 4th of July (board book) from the library.  At the end of the book Corduroy and his friends are in a parade and the doll is holding a fun stick.  My son thought this was a great idea and wanted one of his own!  So I came up with a simple July 4th Celebration Stick-- my kids call it a Parade Wand.





July 4th Celebration Sticks

dowels (ours are 7")
regular ribbon(6"pieces)/curling ribbon(7" pieces)
wide ribbon; 3" pieces
silver chenille stem (optional); 2" or 3" pieces
low-temp glue gun
••Hot glue ribbons (I used 4 regular/6 curling) and chenille stem piece at top of stick and then glue the wide ribbon piece around all of it to hold together!  Form a small noisy parade (like my kids immediately did) and wave like crazy!

linked to Red White and Blue All Over! on Somewhat Simple  
linked to Fourth of July Party on It's a Blog Party!

No comments: